CITY OF FERNDALE, MICHIGAN
City Manager's Office
The City Manager's Office serves as the focal point for the City's direction and executive leadership and oversees all departments. The office is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, ensuring that departments follow proper policies and procedures and work cohesively to provide the best possible resident and customer services.
Welcome to the City Manager's Office
The City Manager, appointed by Ferndale City Council, works closely with the Assistant City Manager and Assistant to the City Manager to lead municipal operations, providing direction and guidance in an efficient manner.
Above all else, the City Manager's Office is here to serve you, our citizens. We strive to ensure that Ferndale is a place of inclusivity, diversity, and acceptance for all residents, visitors, and staff.
City Manager's Office
Ferndale City Hall
300 E. Nine Mile Rd. Ferndale, MI 48220
248-546-2525 Ext. 8
Commitment to Racial Equity
On June 8, 2020, Ferndale City Council unanimously passed a Declaration of Commitment to Antiracism. In it, they identified the institution of racism as a critical public health problem, declared that racism unfairly disadvantages specific individuals and communities while unfairly giving advantages to other individuals and communities.
Sustainability is commonly referred to as the "Triple Bottom Line" approach: considering the environmental, social, and financial components of a community, organization, or business.
The City's Special Events Department coordinates many of the City's annual festivals, races, and gatherings—the Ferndale Dream Cruise, Ferndale Pride, Funky Ferndale and the DIY Festival, and more.
City Manager's Office
Compost Drop-Off Program
The City is proud to offer a residential and commercial Compost Pilot Program to help reduce the amount of food waste sent to landfills. Composting is a sustainable alternative to disposing of food waste; it turns the material into rich, healthy soil.
City Manager's Office FAQs
Please see the dropdowns below for Frequently Asked Questions.
Visit our Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) page, complete the form, and either email or deliver in person to the City Clerk's Office.
All birth, death, and marriage/divorce records are handled by the Oakland County Clerk Vital Records Office. There are three different ways to obtain an official copy of a record; you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
The easiest method:
· Place your order online with the Michigan Secretary of State.
· Scroll down to the nine buttons near the bottom of the page, and click the “Order A Record Online” button (in the top-right spot).
· About two-thirds of the way down the page, click the blue link that says, “Click here to Order a birth, death, marriage or divorce record online using a debit or credit card." Follow the pages to place your order.
· If you’re not sure what county the birth/death/marriage/divorce took place in or where the records are being maintained, this is the best option, as the State can search all Michigan records regardless of location.
The cheapest method:
· Place your order online directly with Oakland County here.
· You’ll need to be positive the birth/death/marriage/divorce took place within Oakland County for this to work.
The fastest method:
· Visit the Oakland County Clerk’s Vital Records office in person; they can produce a certified copy for you in ten minutes.
· You will likely need to make an appointment; check this website for the most current regulations and procedures.
· You can fill out the request form in advance if you want to save a few minutes.
· The Vital Records office is located in Building 12 East at the Oakland County campus: 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341. This is the same building as the county courthouse and the county commission auditorium. Use the south parking lot and south entrance for easiest access to the Vital Records office.
City Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of each month, at 7:00 p.m. in City Hall Council Chambers. To learn more about meetings and regulations, see our Council rules.
Check our Boards & Commissions page for current vacancies and to complete our online application.