Parking Enforcement Officer
City Hall, 300 E. Nine Mile Ferndale MI 48220
Starting at $15 per hour
EXEMPT / NON-EXEMPT:
Please note that this position is not with the City of Ferndale directly; it is with REEF Technologies
The Parking Enforcement Officer monitors the property for any suspicious activities and report to onsite security if appropriate ensures the safe and efficient. The Parking Enforcement Officer will answer all pertinent questions related to the parking facility itself or the surrounding area. Also, will assist customers with issues related to mobile phones and pay by phone app. The Parking Enforcement Officer will work closely with fellow team members, to ensure that quality and safety standards are met at all times as well as adhering to state and local laws. If you enjoy working in a high energy, challenging environment, then this job is for you!
Principle Duties/Essential Functions
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Employees will be cross trained in enforcement, maintenance, and collections
- Deliver exceptional customer service experience, especially in difficult situations.
- Remain calm and professional even when dealing with challenging customers.
- Utilize License Plate Recognition (LPR) system monitor for compliance with parking policy and procedure.
- Issue fee notices to vehicles not in compliance with parking policy and procedure.
- Utilize LPR system to enforce time limits within specific posted areas.
- Maintain the appearance of the LPR vehicle at all times to present a professional image.
- Follow up with management on any potential customer service issues.
What We Want From You
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft Windows PCs and related applications (Word / Excel / Access / Outlook)
- Comfortable with devices running both Android and Apple Operating Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver's license required
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)