Military and Overseas Voters

Military personnel and overseas civilian voters are offered special services for participating in elections through the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA). This act allows overseas citizens to apply for and receive absentee ballots. UOCAVA covers all military personnel, members of the Merchant Marine, spouses or dependents of uniformed personnel, and civilian voters who are currently outside the U.S.

Overseas voters can take advantage of discounted mailing costs by visiting the Overseas Voters Foundation website.


How can I track the status of my absentee ballot?

Go to the Michigan Voter Information Center and input your information to check your ballot's status.

How do I check my registration status and which precinct I'm in?

Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center and follow the instructions to get this information.

How do I register to vote or obtain my ballot if I qualify for an overseas absentee ballot?

Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website to complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).  This can also be used to have your ballot emailed or faxed to you. 

Where should I go if I have further questions?

Please contact the Michigan Secretary of State.

No items found.

Stay Connected


Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form