Looking for a great way to get involved, meet new people, and earn some money—but don’t have a lot of time to devote? Become an election inspector!
Ferndale’s nine precincts and two absentee voter counting boards are staffed by precinct inspectors each election from 6:00 a.m. until polls close with additional election procedures completed at the end of the night.
The more staff we have, the faster and smoother the process goes for everyone. Compensation is currently $13.00 per hour for precinct inspectors and $15.00 an hour for chairs.
- Must be a registered voter in Michigan
- Must declare political party affiliation on precinct inspector application
- Must be able to attend training session a weekend before the election
- Must be able to remain with election chair until all procedures are finished on election night
- Moderate to advanced computer skills are highly desired
Are you signed up and ready to go? Be sure to review the materials in the Election Online Training Center before the training sessions begin!