Additionally, paste this code immediately after the openingtag:
UPDATE - 10/10/2019
The site plan was approved at the recent October 2, 2019 Planning Commission meeting with the following conditions associated with the development:
1. Final engineering details are submitted with building plans, including:
2. Fire Department requirements shall be included as part of the building plan submittal, including:
3. The applicant shall revise the photometric plan to include increased lighting in the open space and alley for safety to be reviewed by staff.
4. A sidewalk shall be added along the east side of Burdette Street along the development.
5. Interior trash rooms shall be located inside The Station building and 621 Vester Street.
6. Phase 3 of the project shall not begin unless the applicant has either provided sufficient parking spaces on-site or through a shared parking agreement so as not to require a parking waiver, or the applicant has returned to Planning Commission for new site plan approval and requested a parking reduction.
7. The subject parcels shall be combined through the City process.
8. The applicant shall provide an acceptable agreement for improvements to the public alley to be undertaken by the developer and to be entered into with the City.
The next steps for the development team include appearing in front of City Council at a future public hearing for final approval of the Special Land Use considering the outdoor restaurant seating use which was recommended for approval by Planning Commission on October 2, 2019. In addition, the development team must submit their final site plan for staff review, including the conditions mentioned above.
A new site plan was submitted August 2019. The development team held a community meeting on Wednesday, September 26th, 2019 at the Incubizo office.
Vester Square is a proposed redevelopment at the Search Optics/Incubizo campus, located near the corner of Vester and Burdette streets. The project proposes to integrate existing developments, such as Search Optics main office, Incubizo, and Voyager restaurant, along with new open space, office, retail, restaurant, and mixed-use residential development in a unifying plan. New proposed structures include the renovation of 621 Vester (an addition of 1,600 sq. ft. with minor site improvements), "The Station" building (a 4,510 sq. ft. building development with potential restaurant and retail), and a newly constructed 6,048 sq. ft. mixed use development with 8 upper level residential units and ground floor commercial/office space. The project is proposed for 3 phases of construction.
Due to the outdoor restaurant seating proposal, this project is also requesting a special land use for that particular use as the C-2 General Commercial requires a special land use for outdoor seating. The public hearing for this request will be held on the October 2nd meeting, along with the site plan review in front of Planning Commission.
How can I review the documents and plans submit for the project? The project is in discussion phase and will be available on the Friday prior to the meeting at this link. Staff is available to discuss the project at available at City Hall during business hours, Monday-Thursday 8am-5:30pm.
What is a 'special land use'? It is a use for the land that in a particular zoning may not be permitted, but for unique circumstances of the location and particular use can be conditionally approved without jeopardy to the uses currently permitted in that zoned parcel. It requires special recommendation from Planning Commission and official approval by City Council. Ordinance language is found at this link. The special land use that will be considered by City Council is related to proposed outdoor seating at the project.
Location: Corner of Burdette and Vester Streets
Site Plan Review (Article XI.)
Special Land Use (Article XII.)
Updated Site Plan (link)
Staff Report (link)
Zoning Map (link)
Previous Plans and Documents
Concept Plan - July 18, 2018 (link)
Preliminary PUD Letter - July 18, 2018 (link)
Staff Memo - July 26, 2018 (link)
Zoning Map (link)