UPDATE - 10/10/2019
The site plan was approved at the recent October 2, 2019 Planning Commission meeting with the following conditions associated with the development:
1. Final engineering details are submitted with building plans, including:
2. Fire Department requirements shall be included as part of the building plan submittal, including:
3. The applicant shall revise the photometric plan to include increased lighting in the open space and alley for safety to be reviewed by staff.
4. A sidewalk shall be added along the east side of Burdette Street along the development.
5. Interior trash rooms shall be located inside The Station building and 621 Vester Street.
6. Phase 3 of the project shall not begin unless the applicant has either provided sufficient parking spaces on-site or through a shared parking agreement so as not to require a parking waiver, or the applicant has returned to Planning Commission for new site plan approval and requested a parking reduction.
7. The subject parcels shall be combined through the City process.
8. The applicant shall provide an acceptable agreement for improvements to the public alley to be undertaken by the developer and to be entered into with the City.
The next steps for the development team include appearing in front of City Council for final approval of the Special Land Use considering the outdoor restaurant seating use which was recommended for approval by Planning Commission on October 2, 2019. In addition, the development team must submit their final site plan for staff review, including the conditions mentioned above.
A new site plan was submitted August 2019. The development team held a community meeting on Wednesday, September 26th, 2019 at the Incubizo office.
Vester Square is a proposed redevelopment at the Search Optics/Incubizo campus, located near the corner of Vester and Burdette streets. The project proposes to integrate existing developments, such as Search Optics main office, Incubizo, and Voyager restaurant, along with new open space, office, retail, restaurant, and mixed-use residential development in a unifying plan. New proposed structures include the renovation of 621 Vester (an addition of 1,600 sq. ft. with minor site improvements), "The Station" building (a 4,510 sq. ft. building development with potential restaurant and retail), and a newly constructed 6,048 sq. ft. mixed use development with 8 upper level residential units and ground floor commercial/office space. The project is proposed for 3 phases of construction.
Due to the outdoor restaurant seating proposal, this project is also requesting a special land use for that particular use as the C-2 General Commercial requires a special land use for outdoor seating. The public hearing for this request will be held on the October 2nd meeting, along with the site plan review in front of Planning Commission.
Livernois Street, from 8 Mile Road to 9 Mile Road, will be resurfaced in 2018 with a number of new improvements in keeping with best practices in street design. Improvements will include:
-Newly Asphalt Paved Street
-Protected Bike Lanes (concrete island, parking, and bollard protected)
-Striped On-street Parking
-Additional Bicycle Parking (and moving bike parking off-street)
-Public Plaza at W. Nine Mile/Livernois intersection
-New mast arm traffic signal at W. Nine Mile/Livernois intersection
-Fire Department Safety Signage
Community information sessions will be held at the Kulick Community Center (1201 Livernois) at 11am and 6pm on Thursday, April 26tth. Details will include construction timing, staging, temporary parking solutions, and overall plans.