The City of Ferndale Clerk's Office is pleased to announce the launch of a new boards & commissions module, available now on the City's website. The tool offers a user-friendly resource for citizens to learn about the City's 16 boards and commissions; view meetings, agendas, and minutes; and upload applications and apply for open seats.
With this new resource, the Clerk's Office has also revised and streamlined the application, review, and appointment process to increase transparency and make it easier for the public to get involved with boards and commissions. Going forward:
- All board and commission vacancies will be posted and shared publicly on the first of every month.
- All residents/citizens interested in serving are invited to apply. Applications can be uploaded directly through the boards and commissions portal and remain live in the system; to apply for multiple/future positions or edit your information, simply log in to access your application.
- Applications will be accepted for open positions/vacancies only.
- Applications will be accepted each month through the 15th, and will then be submitted to the Mayor/City Council and the appointing body for review.
- The Mayor/City Council or the appointing body will bring forth recommendations at the second City Council meeting of each month (held on the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.)
- If you don't receive an appointment, you are free to re-apply for another open position starting the next month.
May 2020 Board & Commission Openings
- Accessibility & Inclusion Commission (3 appointments available*)
- Arts & Cultural Commission (3 appointments available)
- Beautification Commission (1 appointment available)
- Board of Zoning Appeals (2 appointments available)
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (3 appointments available)
- Environmental Sustainability Commission (1 appointment available)
- Planning Commission (1 appointment available)
- Sidewalk Hardship Committee (1 appointment available)
*Please note that in cases of more than one appointment available, the mayor may choose to appoint fewer than the total number of openings each month.
If a board or commission is not listed above, there are no current vacancies at this time.
View and apply for these openings, and learn more about our board and commissions.