Ferndale DPW, 521 E Cambourne St Ferndale MI 48220
$27.68 – $35.54 per hour
Exempt / Non-Exempt
The DPW Water and Fleet Supervisor is responsible for supervising, coordinating, and assigning work to DPW employees. The DPW Supervisor has planning and project management oversight for projects within their area of responsibly; either Highway and Parks or Water and Fleet. The DPW Supervisor will perform other public works activities as require
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Water and Fleet
• Have thorough knowledge and understanding of DPW project planning, provides feedback on water and sewer main projects, and other projects related to the water and sewer systems
• Oversee and participate in the cleaning, repairing and construction of storm and sanitary sewers.
• Manage the response to all water related calls pertaining to turn on, inspections, turn off, reading, installation, and utility marking etc.
• Will participate in and head aspects of the City's lead initiative
• Execute the catch basin maintenance program including cleaning and repairing catch basins and documentation in the approved system (GIS).
• Respond to and repair water main breaks, to include repair of any street or land scape damage done to access the break. Update the records in the city's asset management program.
• Respond to and repair sewer main issues, to include repair of any street or land scape damage done to access the break. Update the records in the city's asset management program
• Execute the sewer line cleaning and inspection program, to include documentation in the city's asset management program.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.