The Planner II is primarily responsible for the administration of the City's planning and zoning program with additional job duties that include stewardship of the community's sustainability initiatives.
ESSENTIAL PLANNING AND ZONING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates the preparation, implementation, updates and maintenance of the Master Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and other development-related regulations as may be assigned.
- Responsible for assisting in the coordination of the City Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Monitors architects, engineers, and private contractors for project specifications and work quality.
- Prepares project, monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental and agency reports as required.
- Coordinates activities with appropriate City department and/or private agencies.
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county, and local codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Initiates, executes, and supports actions necessary to correct deficiencies or violations of regulations and requirements tied to site plans, zoning, and land use.
- Conducts review of various development applications including plats, permits, site plans, variance requests, and re-zonings.
- Conducts extensive research in specific or general project areas.
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports, working papers, and correspondence.
- Identifies community problems, issues, and opportunities in particular neighborhoods that could be mitigated through better community planning.
- Assists in developing strategies to promote economic and community development or efficient land use consistent with community goals.
- Writes, or assists in writing, a variety of ordinances and regulations relating to development controls.
- Performs related work as assigned, within the general knowledge, skills and abilities set forth.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.