To perform code enforcement work involving the external environmental and physical condition of buildings and sites. To ensure compliance with established standards and ordinances, codes, rules and regulations; to prepare correspondence, records and reports, and to perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform and advise homeowners and tenants regarding ordinances while in the field and take the necessary action to enforce codes and ordinances.
- Inspect and investigate substandard housing and nuisance violations involving unlicensed and inoperable vehicles, trash and debris, and other environmental problems; and initiate action as prescribed by codes and ordinances.
- Seasonal enforcement of tall grass and snow removal.
- Maintain accurate documentation and case files on all investigations, inspections, enforcement actions to substantiate violations and testify in court when required.
- Advise property owners and tenants of code violations through direct contact when possible to seek voluntary code compliance. Prepare written violation notices and mail when necessary.
- Issue corrective and Emergency Orders with concurrence by the CED Director or City Manager to ensure compliance.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.