Ferndale City Hall
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Seasonal - Part Time
This position provides future municipal leaders an opportunity to catapult their careers and learn from seasoned professionals in a community considered as innovative, forward thinking, and inclusive in the region. Come find out the roots of Ferndale's success in a position that is equal parts work and fun. The Management Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about the inner-workings of a full-service city, make a difference in day-to-day projects, and contribute to the organization at the executive leadership level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the management of the City’s Manager’s Office, which involves frequent direct correspondence between elected and appointed officials, City staff, residents, businesses, and guests of Ferndale.
• Participate in vital planning processes, including updates to the City’s Master Land Use Plan,Capital Improvement Plan, Budget Process, City Council Strategic Plan, and Ferndale Moves.Page 2 of 3
• Researching high-level issues or concerns as they arise.
• Perform entry level data analysis
• Report findings of research and analysis to the City Manager, Leadership Team, or City Council
• Assist in administering performance metric updates for City Critical Success Factors• Attend important Community events
• Plan and coordinate various meetings
• Attend skill and professional development conferences or events
• Other duties as assigned
:• Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, Political Science, Engineering, or equivalent, progress toward a masters in a similar field
• Knowledge of municipal government systems
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.