Performs semi-skilled, skilled, and administrative work in maintaining the vehicles and mechanical equipment of the department.
- Plans, carries out, and evaluates preventive maintenance schedules for all vehicles and mechanical equipment, either personally, or through outside vendors
- Operates a variety of diagnostic instruments and a variety of hand, electric, and air-driven tools.
- Tests, services, and repairs vehicles and mechanical equipment.
- Inspects, adjusts, and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work.
- Repairs brake, engine, electrical, fuel, hydraulic, transmission, ignition, air, exhaust, axle assemblies and related systems.
- Cuts and welds metal and perform body repair, touch up, and related work.
- Changes and repairs tires and tubes.
- Evaluates status of mechanical equipment and vehicles and performs or schedules needed repairs.
- Conducts various analyses and inspections of vehicles and mechanical systems to determine the most cost-effective means of maintenance, repair, or replacement.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.