The Deputy Director of DPW assists in the oversight of the Department of Public Works (DPW) including, but not limited to, city sidewalk program, capital improvement plan, sustainability, road improvement plan, water, sewerage and storm systems, motor pool, GIS, bid preparation, project management, plan review and records. The DPW Deputy Director represents the DPW at City Council and other meetings and needs to stay abreast of key issues so that they can answer on-the-spot questions in an informed way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with managing the day-to-day DPW operations as directed.
- Manages workflow for online service requests to the appropriate department.
- Assists with annual budgets related to Public Works activities.
- Provides leadership and motivation to all subordinates and promotes unity and positive working relationships between all department personnel and other City officials and employees, as well as other State, County, and local officials.
- Supervises DPW union staff including assigning work tasks and administering discipline as needed in consultation with the DPW Director.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with federal regulations, City ordinances/policies, State statutes and environmental regulations to secure the safe and efficient operation of the department.
ESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a college or university of a recognized standing with a degree in civil engineering, forestry, landscape architecture, public administration, or related field.
- Experience is required in public works activities and at least (2) years of applicable experience at the supervisory level is required.
- Experience may be substituted for required college degree on the basis of two (2) years of experience for one (1) year of college, in addition to the required two (2) years of supervisory experience.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.