Performs specialized clerical and administrative work in the maintaining of official City records; administering permits and licenses; assisting in all aspects of voter registration and administration of elections; preparing meeting agendas and materials for various Boards and Commissions, including City Council; attending meetings of the Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission, and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority taking and transcribing minutes or engaging recording secretaries, and providing those services to other public bodies as directed; acting on behalf of the City Clerk in his/her absence; and performing related work as required.
- Prepares and distributes City Council, Board of Zoning Appeals, Civil Service Board, Employees' Pension Board, Police and Fire Board, Police and Fire Pension Board, Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission, and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority agendas and packets.
- Acts as Recording Secretary for the Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission, and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, and for other City Boards and Commissions, including City Council, in the City Clerk's absence or engages recording secretaries.
- Maintains and manages official City records and public documents; oversees records retention practices; performs certification of City documents; and records legal documents as required.
- Publishes and indexes ordinances; manages annual update of Code of Ordinances.
- Administers all licensing and permitting process including, but not limited to, liquor licenses, sidewalk and mobile vending, body decorating, massage establishments, sidewalk cafes, parades, block parties, and sidewalk sales, in accordance with applicable city ordinances and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Prepares various documents and materials including, but not limited to, correspondence, legal notices, proclamations, resolutions, ordinances, reports and publications. Performs research, analyzes and interprets laws, ordinances and records.
- Assists with coordinating, processing and dispensing public information requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Assists with registering voters, issuing voter registration identification cards and voter registration master cards, maintaining the master voter information files, processing cancellation/confirmation notices and preparing reports.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.