ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily inspections for building permits as a primary duty.
- Investigate complaints and make inspections of existing buildings to determine if hazardous or illegal conditions exist relating to structures and their use.
- Conduct on-site inspections and evaluations of structures to ensure conformity to local codes, ordinances, and statutes.
- Seek voluntary compliance where standards are not met and advise of appropriate corrective measures.
- Issue violation notices or corrective orders when necessary and appear in court on violations.
- Coordinate with the Fire Marshall and other City, County, and State public officials to participate in the inspection of commercial and residential buildings.
For a full list of qualifications and to apply, use the link above.