Welcome to Ferndale's

Public Works

Department of Public Works

Ferndale’s Department of Public Works (DPW) is a full-service team responsible for keeping our streets clean, snow plowed, parks well maintained, sewers and drains functioning, and much more. They also oversee the City’s curbside refuse and recycling pickup.  


Department of Public Works
521 E. Cambourne 
248-546-2525 Option 3

Ask a Question


Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.

Learn about Public Works and water

The Department of Public Works handles Ferndale's water resources. Visit our utilities services for more information.

Have a street light outage to report?

Street lights are actually maintained by DTE, not the City. Report an outage quickly and easily through DTE's online Street Light Problem form. Outages or issues with the shorter decorative light poles throughout the downtown district can be reported directly to DPW.

Relevant Services

No items found.


No items found.


No items found.
Read All FAQs


Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form