Boards & Commissions
Ferndale is a city filled with great creativity, talent, and ingenuity. When these attributes come together, incredible things can happen.
Boards and commissions provide opportunities for citizens of a wide variety of talents and backgrounds—residents, business owners, entrepreneurs, and beyond—to work together and make our community a stronger, more vibrant place. Have ideas for strengthening our city? Want to get involved in planning, development, and decision making? We would love for you to consider joining us. To apply for a board or commission position, please complete the online Boards and Commission Application.
Please click here for a complete schedule of all Boards & Commissions meetings..
Available Boards and Commissions Openings:
- Accessibility & Inclusion Committee | Current openings: 4 seats
- Arts & Cultural Commission | Current openings: 5 seats
- Beautification Commission | Current openings: 1 seats
- Board of Review | No current openings
- Board of Zoning Appeals | No current openings
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority | Current openings: 2 seats
- Civil Service Board | No current openings
- Construction Board of Appeals | Current openings: 1 seat
- Downtown Development Authority Board of Directors | No current openings
- Environmental Sustainability Commission | Current openings: 1 seat
- Housing Commission | No current openings
- Parks & Recreation Committee | Current openings: 1 seat
- Planning Commission | No current openings
- Police & Fire Board | No current openings317
- Police & Fire Pension Board | No current openings
- Sidewalk Hardship Commission | Current openings: 1 seat