Southeast Oakland County Resource Recovery Association (SOCRRA)
is the City's contractor for curbside garbage and recycling collection. To schedule service/pickup, contact SOCRRA at 248-288-5153.
Curbside Cart Placement and Pickup
- All residential carts are serviced weekly on weekly schedule, Monday through Friday—view the schedule.
- Garbage may be placed at your street curb at 4:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled pickup and no later than 7:00 a.m. the day of your scheduled pickup.
- Garbage must be stored in metal or plastic containers with secure covers and handles.
- Each container must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Garbage must not protrude from the container.
- As a rule of thumb, if an item doesn't go in your recycling container and it is not a functional, reusable item that you can donate, it most likely goes into your garbage container.
- Sample common garbage only items include: fused materials (granola bar wrappers, foil, candy wrappers), paper towels and tissues, food scraps, chip bags, latex gloves, Styrofoam, broken dishes, and drink boxes and pouches.